Wednesday, June 25, 2008


Refracted Light
Written by: Desdamona
Wonder when the light might ride back
To guide the way for we
Come shine
Bring the light
A child of the elements of speech
Poems placed on my palate
Produced from pure belief
That all these seen should ultimately be free
We have to really get righteous
So we really see
That we are the unfulfilled dream Of history
This ain't an accident or coincidence
Not mere proof of my natural talent
Didn't just walk into this feelin the vibe
The verbs I scribe are the reason I'm alive
You can find me on pages before my form existed
My grandmother wrote me down
And through my parents I got lifted
Turned into a picture Father mother to child Birth descendent ascended branches of this evergreen
Planted and placed the spirits breathe through me
I have no superstars shooting through my rhymes
But I'm bright from the light in my parents' eyes
These are the stories told through my grandmother's dreams
Recollections of peace sewed by my mother's seams
I'm fast and freed by my sister's children
They be bouncin off the walls
And ricochetin to the ceiling
I am the pure proof of my father's teachings
The essence of my mother's capacity
And the strength of her heart reaching
Past the history at my grandfather's fingertips
Past his poem prayers
And his one forgotten wish
The accumulation of shame and submission
To rid my future of these disease is my life mission
To make decisions
For seven generations past my flesh
To realize and be wise to the life beyond my death
We are the mesh that these next children will be sifted through
So it's our responsibility to give them something to hold on to
This is the poem that I performed a portion of was at the opening of power summit on Monday. Peace, desdamona

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home